Travel, teach, learn...
and change a life forever
You know girls have the power to make positive change in the world because you’re one of those girls.
Over 9 days, you will change the lives of some truly amazing young girls, and they will change yours.
Pack your adventurous spirit and get ready to be a coach, a team member, a mentor, friend, student and explorer.
Get pumped to work hard and laugh harder. To smile and be transformed.
Limitless Child's 2017 Peer Soccer Program
Travel, teach, learn...
and change a life forever
We invite you to join us for nine days in India. Nine days that will change the lives of vulnerable young girls and nine days that will change you…for a lifetime.
We invite you to travel. To teach. To learn. As part of our Peer Sports & Play Program, you will teach young girls from the slums and orphanages the basics of soccer. Learn about India and its culture. Make new friends. And change lives forever.
You will be guided by professionals with over 20 years of experience in international humanitarian aid programs. We will be there every step of the way to make sure that you are ready. From passport and visa assistance, to support with fundraising, to cultural sensitivity and awareness, all of us at Limitless Child will work closely with you to ensure that you are equipped with everything necessary to ensure a safe, healthy, and exciting trip. And like it or not, you will be chaperoned 24/7 by Limitless Child staff members and parent volunteers during your time abroad!
I had never been out of the country or been a coach, so I was a bit nervous. But the flight over was actually fun and once we were with the girls in India I loved it! Seeing the girls play hard and laugh even harder made me feel good about myself and about them. India was great but being with the girls from ASHA was the best. I'm definitely going again!
10 days, 4 cities,
December 27, 2017-January 6th, 2018
days 1-2 boston to mumbai, India - Hotel check-in, rest, dinner and early to bed.
day 3 mumbai to pune - Breakfast at hotel, visit with one of Limitless Child's partner organizations based in Mumbai and then off to Pune in air-conditioned vans. Hotel check-in and first opportunity to meet the girls who you will be coaching.
day 4-6 pune - Over these 4 days, the soccer clinic will take place with 2 sessions per day: an AM session for younger participants and a PM session for 12 to 16-year-olds. In between sessions there will be time for rest, good Indian meals, exploration of the city of Pune and shopping for Indian outfits. There will also be a number of educational visits, including a women's empowerment organization, a before and after-school program for vulnerable girls, a local orphanage, religious temples, and lots more. The evening of the 6th day will feature a celebration banquet for all soccer participants. Day 7 - Evening flight to Delhi. Hotel check-in and off to bed.
day 7 pune to janwaar - Morning flight from Delhi to Panna and car to the village of Janwaar to visit Janwaar Castle.
day 8 janwaar to delhi - Afternoon flight from Panna to back to Delhi.
day 9 late night flight delhi to boston - Morning packing and afternoon visit to SOS Children's Villages Orphanage, followed by shopping at the famous Dilli Hat handicraft market. Dinner and brief meeting to go over travel documents and off to the Indira Gandhi International Airport for the late night flight home.
more than fun & games:
educational & learning opportunities...
Educational Sessions on the following topics will be presented by Minal Dani, LCSW, Limitless Child Board Member and Founder of ASHA:
- Children's Rights
- Child Trafficking
- Girls' Empowerment
- Child Welfare in India
Learning visits will include:
- A girl's empowerment Center
- Two Orphanages
- Center for Women & Children and LGBT communities affected by poverty and the commercial sex industry
- ASHA Crisis Intervention and Counseling Center
Cultural Education exposes you to Indian culture and history will include the following:
- Exploration of the cities of Pune, Janwaar, and Delhi
- Traditional Indian Meals & Banquet
- Parvati Hill in Pune
- Janwaar Castle Skateboard Park
- Shopping at bazaars and open air markets
- Space is limited to only 8 participants, so apply early. The Application is available online (see the link below) and needs to be submitted no later than October 20, 2017.
- To help pay for the trip, we can supply you with fundraising materials and ideas. Last year the girls raised the full cost of their trip in only 6 weeks! The trip costs $2,000 plus travel related expenses including the following. Limitless Child International will book your airfare and assist you with obtaining an India travel visa.
- round-trip airfare (approximately $1400),
- a valid Passport, an India travel visa ($80),
- travel related vaccinations,
- transportation from your home to and from Logan airport,
- spending money.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is due by October 30th. The non-refundable balance is due on December 1st.
- A valid U.S. passport is required (to be considered valid, the passport must not expire prior to June 1, 2018). If you do not have a passport, please apply as soon as possible.
- Program and travel manuals will be provided at the informational meetings.
how to apply:
The quick and easy way to apply!
Use this link to download the application.
Helpful fundraising tools and other important information for participants:
Use this form to help you fundraise "door-to-door".
Information for your sponsors who donate more than $50.
Use this if you would like to download the brochure.
A helpful tool in helping you plan your trip.
For more information please contact:
Jenny Mills, LCI Executive Director and Trip Leader Tel: 202-531-1210 email@example.com